October 13, 2015

Look's Holy Grail of Hair + Skin Care Products



I was completely amazed by all the sweet comments on my fall transitioning post about my hair, like holy moo I felt so special! I thought I would share my holy grail of hair and skin products because they make all the difference and with the bitter cold coming up and the summer damage taking it's toll we will all need the help we can get.



Haircare: It took me a loooong time to figure out what shampoo and conditioner really did work for me. The biggest problem I wanted to solve hair wise was undoing the damage caused from daily sun exposure every summer. I like being able to run my hand through my hair and not feel embarrassed over the texture. For my twenty-first birthday my dear friend gave me Juicy Couture's Conditioner and it has changed my life ever since. I would only ever use it for special occasions but it left my hair feeling silky smooth and smelling great. A great alternative to this is L'Oreal's Total Repair Conditioner, in fact I was feeling like my hair wasn't that soft (I actually had an accident this weekend at a hotel and gashed my head open on a nightstand thanks to the dark and so my poor head and hair had been through a lot this weekend..) so I grabbed this from the local grocery store and have already seen an improvement.. it's been one use.

Skincare: It took me a pretty long time to start to love my skin and find products that I felt were helping it and I felt like I was getting the results I wanted. Honestly the big turn around was when I discovered this face mask, I started feeling more confident with my bare face. People were complimenting me on my foundation and I wasn't wearing any. I finally felt like I was getting that perfect balance of glow and dryness, which for me my skin was always more on the oily side so it's been nice to be able to ditch the copious amounts of translucent powder in my purses and breathe ;)

Suncare: Since my summer job consists of being on the beach 247 it's important to have the best sunscreen available and the best lip care. For me, I have been using coppertone sport all my life since my Dad's been a lifeguard for most of it. My favorite face stick is Sun Bums, it smells (to me) like banana's so how can you pass that one up!?! Honestly, this is one of the most important steps to follow is you spend a lot of time in the sun, good sunscreen and lip care routines can save your skin.

Just a reminder that everyone's hair and skin is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa, but there are seriously so many amazing options out there that without a doubt you can find something. My hair is on the middle of thin and thick, never dyed. My skin is combination but slowly coming off the more oily side.

((Please leave below any holy grails of your own!!))

10 comments so far

  1. Great round up, it so important to find a routine that works for you.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products, perfect routine!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to try that facemask! Great suggestions :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a super helpful list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Organix products, they're always so great! I loved reading your list of products, thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute roundup! I love sun bum, they are one of my favorite brands. XO, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! This is my first year EVER living with seasons and now I am well aware of how blessed I was in CA. My skin and hair are doing crazy things here. How awesome though, people complimented you on your foundation when you weren't wearing any??? Get me some of that!!

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products!!! Nice blog!!!
    Would you like to follow each other? let me know....i always follow back.
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.