October 29, 2015

Instagram Round Up + Life Lately

I decided to make more of an effort to upload photos using my canon more often then the iPhone itself onto my instagram. I have a nice blend going for this round up of iPhone and non iPhone photos for you!

Life's been weird, I was having a serious talk with one of my good friends about how I found myself guarded but yet not guarded enough. Isn't that funny? I don't want to let someone in yet get over attached at the same exact time. And then I end up with a mess of emotions and I'm crying into my Starbucks coffee cup. After getting denied in the major I wanted, loosing touch with who I thought would be my best friend forever… I am afraid to hope I think.

After somehow letting myself tear up while letting her into my fears and hatred of feelings (seriously that's what messes with us.. it's when you catch feelings for anything.) I ended up leaning on the one thing I could hold all my trust on… God. No matter how many people disappear from my life, no matter how bad my fear is that it will happen again.. God will never leave, will never fail, will stay constant. I found myself in the midst of an impromptu worship session with flooding tears it came to me stop fighting the current, and let it over take you. God will get you and direct you when needed but in the words of one of my favorite songs "If His grace is an ocean we're all sinking." He's got me. He is still good and worthy of praise. I may be afraid of failing, getting used to something and it leaving, or of feelings in general… I never need to be afraid of trusting my life with my God.

Lately I've been loving Demi's new song Stone Cold.
I had a buff chick salad sandwich and it changed my life (also if you ever go to Starbucks for breakfast get the gouda, bacon and cheese!!).
I finally switched from a more neutral shade to a dark burgundy on my nails and I am loving it (I also finally let them grow!!)
I'm loving the newest season of AHS, Evan Peters is blowing my mind.

Hope life is great, thanks for letting me rant ;)

19 comments so far

  1. Cute pictures :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are so cute and I love the sunglasses

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful collection of photos- I am especially drawn to the palette and the flats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being so open and honest! Lovely photos, the necklace on the bottom right is gorgeous!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post brooke, its so nice that you share your thoughts with your followers, I always look forward on what next you will be posting. Keep the faith and continue trusting in God because not many do. And your right always let him lead
    Have a blessed day.
    tweetykel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it helps so much to vent it out and you feel so much better for it afterwards ;)

    Cute images hun!

    Just followed via bloglovin and hope we can keep in touch xx

    Sending kisses from Sydney

    I've just posted on the H&M Sydney Flagship Store opening with Solange Knowles as the guest DJ and would love to hear your thoughts! xxx

    Helen x
    http://CH1K.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos dear!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/11/yellow-army.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. life is harsh. but girl you are stronger than you think you are. keep believing & keep going forward.
    lovely pics! keep them coming. :)

    xoxo Eva | www.becausepassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Instagram photos! I hope you're feeling better soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pics, but I am sorry you were having a hard time with friends.

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun, I love these images, you have a great Instagram feed. I can relate to your emotions, I am a very emotional person too!!! Good luck with everything, hope everything works out. *hugs*

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww I think everyone goes through that stage! :)
    I've experienced that as well back in college, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get through what you're going through :)
    Life has its downsides, but that doesn't mean it isn't great! :)

    xx,
    Regine
    www.ginnywhowanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely photos! I think everyone can feel a bit overwhelmed like that sometimes. xx

    The perks of being a hipster- Christmas Yankee Candle Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brooke, it's definitely something to worship God in times of trial and confusion. I'm blessed to have friends who are all rooted in God so we're always at least on the same page of one thing. I find myself extremely guarded and it's got to come down.

    God bless you. <3

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Hope things get better soon! Your photos are beautiful!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your pictures are insanely pretty! X

    www.randomstein.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.