September 27, 2015

Instagram Round-Up + Life Lately


My instagram feed looks more like an ode to summer as my friend would say "The calendar says fall but your heart says summer" and I feel like we can all agree with that. With each day though I am getting more into the fall spirit, so don't worry by winter… my instagram feed will probably look like an ode to fall ;)

Lately, I've been trying to make the most out of the sun I can before it's back to being pale and obsessing over makeup. Lately though the reoccurring thought is why do I care so much about no makeup when I'm pale. It's still the same exact face, and do I need to be so self consumed that I actually am checking out my face daily to see how pale I am. No one needs that kind of self destructive behavior haunting them, we are still that same girl… tan or not. [end rant]

If you know me my idea of casual is typically everybody else's idea of dressed up. If this was a tv show it would have had flashbacks of me going out for coffee in AM with a dress, belt, necklace, etc. ((I even had on booties and opted out…)) lately though, I've been feeding into my inner college student self and lounging in Victoria Secret 247 (at least that's how it seems.) I honestly could probably spend all my money at Victoria Secret buying underwear, bras, and sweatshirts that I have to actively not go into the store… ((like how cute is this Varsity Crew)) I'll take one in every color please, (I wish!)

It still feels foreign to me that I'm not tagging anymore, I mean obviously it's the fall and soon with winter and the wind no one's going to want to be sitting on the beach… much less tagged. This just was the best summer. I grew so much and figured out the kind of person I need to be and just how much more of God I need to know. I learned to stand up for myself. That budgeting money is a necessity and I will get there eventually but I'm slowly learning. I also learned where my limits with alcohol are and that vodka just isn't my friend… Most importantly, that with amazing friends standing behind you and carrying you when you're down you can do anything. Also I learned that you can go through the what if's of life all you want, but you need to be glad for the right now. I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and some of those reasons we never find out. But each step we take, thought we have, party we go to, or person we talk to changes us and we change them… and that's beautiful. [end rambling lol]

I hope you have one amazing weekend and that this Sunday is just the icing on top of the cake

((You can follow along on instagram here. Don't forget we can now be buddies on snapchat: @lookbrookeblog))

22 comments so far

  1. Such a lovely rambling you did there, hihi! Love the Instagram photos
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much sun and sea! What a nice week :) That bracelet looks pretty!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog-so well organized and clean looking. We should do a collab sometime!
    xx
    Caroline from The Style Journal
    carolinebogrette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely round up. It looks like your summer was fun & very colorful. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always look forward to hearing about your life and what you have been up too! PS.. loving your snapchat stories! xo

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing wrong with an ode to summer especially because when it finally does start to get cold where you are you will be in it for a few good months! So enjoy these last days as much as you can! Lovely photos!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures, you have a great insta
    x,abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your lovely photos and bits and pieces of your life :) you lead an interesting one :D

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful that you've been learning about yourself so much recently; admitting your flaws is the first step to amazing changes. I've just recently been realizing what I need to do more in my life recently, too, and with the new season rolling around, I'm definitely making a conscious decision to change.

    I hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Brooke!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think embracing yourself is one of the best thing anyone can do for themselves, so what if you're pale, you're still gorgeous. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah the beach looks amazing! So pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great round up, looks like it's still summer where you are.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww it's great that you're coming to love yourself Brooke, that's one great ingredient for a happy life! Love your pictures btw <3

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sunshine and the beach shots! I'm looking forward to it warming up here and spending more time at the beach, we do go in winter but it's not the same as getting to set up in a nice spot for the day and enjoying the sea instead of just watching it from afar! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these types of posts! Your comment about no makeup when you're pale...hear that! So good!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh so cute! I'm not ready for it to be over! haha

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Insta snaps, lady! Loving the shot of the Lilly agenda- too cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Live it up as long as it's still warm!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! I always love Instagram roundups!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.