September 10, 2015

Five Reasons Why I Wish Life Was Like The Sims


The Sims was my game, I spent hours making everything perfect- the perfect house, clothes, and that perfect exact replica of your crush. As a freshman in college one of my quadmates always made fun of me because even on the sims I still managed never to get the guy I had a crush on then to ask me out. EVEN WHILE I WAS CONTROLLING HIM. Talk about not meant to be…

With my computer broken I have had to fight the urge to want to play the sims because when it rebooted everything was deleted. So while I wait to buy a whole new macbook and to get the sims back (lol can you say addicted) I have been thinking about how I wish life was as simple as it could be on the game…you

Money was simple and easy
If I could CTL + ALT + C my life and type in Kaching or Motherlode and automatically get money my life (and closet) would be so much better. Like when I somehow go into Victoria Secret, Lush, and Forever 21 and $300 dollars later are out of money…. (Sorry Mom, I will learn to budget this next paycheck I promise.) Also jobs!? You want a job? You're guaranteed on landing it the minute you click that button. I wish jobs were like that now, as I sit here slaving away at interviews and job applications. ((PS I have an interview for a possible nanny job tomorrow so be praying for your girl!))

Interior Decorating Was TJ Maxx On Crack
Can you guess what I did today? Day dreamed all day over at the home section of TJ Maxx (because ours here has the best home section.) My favorite part of The Sims 3 was always the way you could change the color of anything, it made decorating that much easier. With that being said, how easy was it to switch up your house? With a touch of a mouse you could change the color scheme and make the sofa feel brand new… or even use the newly produced "blueprint" function and have a completely new room in seconds. Just be sure to include the roof…. ;)

Read Three Books, Become An Expert on Cooking
I love cooking… er more so baking, but no matter how many pinterest recipes I read or blog posts I devour… I am not going to become like a trained pastry chef. But seriously how cool would that be? You're sitting there on the computer reading about making macaroons and bam you are now macaroon queen… serving the community one macaroon at a time. (Maybe I'm hungry and want macaroons…?)

Talk, Flirt, Hold Hands, Repeat… Til Marriage
If that was seriously how easy it was to get a guy to be interested in you, well I would actually be on the right track. Like imagine if that worked in real life because my current problems in the romance department would be settled. I have what I affectionately refer to as The Little Mermaid Syndrome. The one where she could barely walk, couldn't talk, her prince was a shy idiot… and yet it worked out (ok I'm missing that last part.) But seriously on the sims you can meet a cute guy at a bar, start randomly talking to him, subtly flirt with him out of the blue, hold hands…. and bam he's into you. ((I think I actually tried that philosophy while tipsy at a bar this summer.. hand holding and all.. then my friend asked him for sex (he said no) so I'll get back to you on that one…)) On the upside hugs and kissing don't lead to babies because I would be pregnant by now for sure.

CONTROL
This is for all you control freaks out there…. you can control everything. Have you ever made a huge mistake? Like oh I don't know gotten too drunk and your dad had to pick you up from a party where you drunkenly told your best friend you hated her for calling your dad and keeping you safe while also telling everyone that night about how you loved a specific lifeguard? (And I mean everyone.) On times like that you wish you could have just logged off the game of life and not pressed safe and got a whole new re-do. Or controlling your crush? Like making people connect in the sims was so simple. All you had to do was make them both go over by the water fountain and voilá you have made yourrself the perfect conditions for a budding friendship. ((Granted there was that one time I couldn't even make my sims version of my crush ask me out…)) Ummm perfect shape? Literally you could stare at tv barely moving and end up with the perfect pair of abs… if exercise was that easy I'd actually be hot. ((Not to mention the cheat codes were you could just naturally change the shape of your body…. yasssss. EAT ALL THE MACAROONS YOU WANT.))

[[photo source]]


Well I think it's time I clearly indulge myself and go get myself some macaroons… (Thanks Golden Nugget for actually selling them… praise.) Also hiding myself in my room because I clearly play way too much Sims in my free time :) 

17 comments so far

  1. Ahaha loved this! Life would be so much easier sometimes if we lived in a Sims world! Wishing you good luck on your interview tomorrow! xo

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I love the sims, I love decorating the houses :) Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating when I just do talk, flirt and hold hands on repeat until the sims get married, but I do it anyways

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg great post dear!

    I love the sims too, have spent a lot of time playing them since the first one to the last, fourth one (which I don't like that much btw)

    Kisses,
    http://confessionsofamake-upshopaholic.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Sims 4 for Easter last year and felt the same way- too much hype but I honestly prefer the 3rd!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my god! Sims is my favourite game ever! I definitely agree with all of your points but my faves are money and interior decorating! Ahh if only life was like Sims... haha! Thanks for sharing pretty! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA this is all so great and so true. LOVE THE SIMS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg Brooke, this post made my life. I love the Sims!

    -Olivia

    www.missoliviasays.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious! Totally cosigning the interior decorating - YES please!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I loved this, it was so much fun to read! Lovely post :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a funny post! I'm so happy that I found your blog. Interesting read and you are amazing! Love it!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahahahaha! This is brilliant. I remember playing this game so much, that last image about no ladder in a pool. I used to do that to a lot of sims I wanted to kill off because they served no "purpose". LOL is that bad?! I loved the control aspect, you control everything. Especially money. I wish I could type that "motherload" (is that even right anymore?) cheat and get an instant 50k in my account.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I feel you! I would sometimes just destroy my whole family out of boredom haha. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Hahaha so random, but so true! Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and funny!!! So true too.

    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.