July 12, 2013

Like A Family





....... Now imagine you get a text from a friend that one of your good friends is in the hospital due to a car accident. Yesterday I spent the day at the hospital with two friends comforting E my lifeguard friend who was in the accident. She broke her ankle, foot, leg, and wrist. She went into surgery this morning. I am so thankful that she is still alive and here with us, I don't know what I would do without her. That phrase is often flippantly tossed around, but think about it. How lucky are we to have the friends we have, those that surround us and give us their love.

It was all I could think of when I was in that hospital. On the doors each one had a quote, hers was about friendship. I almost cried, it was so fitting. I remembered getting the text the night before, Brooke I have something to tell you but you can't freak out or call her... after a shy response of ummm sure? There on my iphone were the words car crash and hospital. I couldn't breathe, hopsital.... was she okay! Is she alive!? But that night when we visited, it was just like old times. Laughing at my natural ability to cry at almost anything, including a bear named Bee Bear, I am ashamed to say. Reading cosmo magazine out loud, and laughing at all the funny confessions. When we're all together it just clicks, we can be ourselves and not be judged.

I am beyond thankful. It really does make you appreciate what is before you.

Please keep my friend in your prayers. I know she will get through this, she is one of the strongest people I know... but that doesn't mean prayer won't help her. Thank you!

Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.