July 29, 2013

He is greater than the world

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the wold. -1John 4:4

I like reading my bible after work it's like a wind downer of the crazy hectic day that was just thrust upon me. This verse stood out to me as a read for many reasons and I thought it would be great to share and kind of share a small way it helped my trial and troubles.

This summer has definitely been a challenge, a test of my faith and the kind of person I am. I know without a doubt I am a Christian and that I try my best to follow his word, and like a sinner fail at times. It has been a great check point with me, am I being the person I want to be? I found myself disgusted with a friends choices, I couldn't even look at him and I thought to myself how can I shine God's love when it's too much for me... I can't be around him. Then I took a deep breath and thought Brooke what did he do that makes it to where you can't be his friend? Isn't that judgmental. That hit home. The very thing I do not want to be, I want them to realize I am approachable and will listen to them if they choose to come to me. So I was uncomfortable with a choice, we all have sinned and fallen short... and yet God forgave us. Are we not supposed to live on earth trying to be Christ like? Unconditional love is what God gives us, and in return can't we give that to those around us? Lord knows how many mistakes I make on a daily basis and I think of the group of friends I have and how they have stood by me thick and thin through many obstacles. How is this any different?

I can't loose my faith in the world, but at the same time I can't build an allegiance with it either. The fact is, we don't save lives... God does. We can plant the seeds, and He never gives us more than we can handle. Sometimes you just may think you cannot. There is always hope, because we can rely on a God that is good who has mercies that are renewed day by day!  It's amazing to think about: that we have a God who cares so much He knows every single hair on our head, equips us with God shaped dreams so that we can honor Him and further his kingdom, and gives us an amazing world to live in where you can rely promises day after day to trust in Him and His promises and the unconditional love that is renewed daily as well. It's an amazing encouragement to know that that is truth. We have such an amazing God.

Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.