November 4, 2015

Layers on Layers










|Chambray Top|Dress: Forever21 (found in store) ((similar))|Loafers: H&M ((similar))|

It's been unseasonably warm, like I could have probably shown you a look with short sleeves and shorts and been comfortable. Not that I'm complaining, I know once winter hits here it's like narnia and spring will become like a myth. With my starbucks peppermint mocha (( red cups are back YALL… as if you didn't already know by the millions of snap chats and instagrams ;) )) in tow, I headed back to my favorite spots in Brigantine to shoot for the blog. 

Ever since actually relocating here I had known that shooting there was something I wanted to do but never seemed to find the time to travel there and shoot, it was always more personal related than blog related. So I'm glad I finally took the jump because guys I am loving the end project, granted layers might not be the best place to be showcased on the beach… but it's my happy place so deal with it :))). 

People were even sitting with their chairs on the beach today, glorious weather. But back to fall… one of best parts is layering. And when I picked up this baby doll dress during one of the million runs to forever21 I knew this was going to quickly become a staple in my fall/winter wardrobe. ((I will admit I feel like it's a tad bit of a throwback to my private christian school days… holla)) I actually picked up this dress because for halloween I thought I was going to dress up as a nerd (I ended up being a cracked doll) but I justified the purchase by saying I could transition it into everyday. I have a feeling you will most likely be seeing this dress again on the blog with a different layering technique… what can I say sometimes when a dress works you rock it good. ((Or something like that was said in Bridewars hahah))

If you recall I already talked about how I just am not a pants person, so layering with tights, long sleeves, and sweaters help me transition over some of my favorite dresses for a new fall look. It's my favorite go to for everyday outfits and is so easy to dress up or dress down.

xoxo 

Shop This Post: (I've linked some other similar dresses for you as well)

21 comments so far

  1. Such a cute way to wear the dress into the cooler months and girl this has me dreaming of warmer days on the beach! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layering look GF :) You look beautiful.

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! now i feel like i need a trip to the beach :) gosh i wish it would just cool down already!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it so beautiful and sunny where you are?! I'm jealous! <3 The outfit is absolutely gorgeous, and you look so lovely and radiant. :) Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the beach, but I don't go nearly enough!
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete
  6. One can never go wrong with some layers! Looking good lady :)
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look, super cute!

    www.collexionplate.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join a Giveaway on my blog:

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layering! Such a cute look and the beach looks so pretty!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute outfit for fall. Thank you for styling it for fall even though it's warm where you are! I hope cooler weather makes its way to you soon. :)
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous! Are those flats comfy??

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute outfit... and I love that you took these on a beach! God, how I need to go to the beach!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how you styled and layered this outfit. Great photo location. I miss the beach!!! <3

    Take care!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layering!! Adding a long sleeve shirt to a summer dress can be a great way to transition it for colder weather wear. So cute!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous and happy and I love the layering going on here! The beach looks absolutely beautiful!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great pairing and you look gorgeous, Brooke! I hope you have an amazing day and start to your week :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful look! I love how you layered those pieces!

    Have a wonderful Monday // http://lifeplusbe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute outfit! It looks like you had perfect weather :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable layered with the chambray! Can't believe you made it to the beach in November! Live it up ;)
    Xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful ! I loved your hair *-* kisses kisses

    www.cheiadeinvencao.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.