November 17, 2015

Breaking The Rules






 |Dress: Honey Punch (Similar) ((I have linked some others at the end of the post))|Scarf: Old Navy (Similar- Practically the same!!)|Shoes: Sam Edelman ( VERY Similar!)|Purse: Kate Spade (smaller version) ((Similar color and size here))|Anchor Braclet: White Lotus Boutique (Similar)|

This weekend feels like a dream and went by like a blur. I actually had friday through monday off and was going to go home but due to different circumstances (mainly my parents knowing me too well and knowing I'd somehow get lost) I remained in Jersey. You know those moments where it just clicks and you realize God had you in his hands all along when you were being dramatic about the closed door? That was this weekend. 

I actually was supposed to be off work thursday too and the family I work for called me and said I needed to watch the kids all day. I actually took them to see the new Peanuts movie, and it was adorable. Charlie Brown having a crush..? That's me. 

Then on Saturday me and my friend went to this Pier Shops in Caesars Palace (Atlantic City) where they were having an event. If you had been one of the first to RSVP you got a goodie bag (which included that darling bracelet), free cupcakes and champagne as you looked around, the whole store was 50% off, and if you spent $25.00 you got free lunch downstairs. I mean how amazing. And to top it off the lunch was fancier than I could have even imagined with soup, tons of finger sandwiches, and pasta salad (a personal fav).. complete with dessert. And to top it all off I even saw another good friend randomly and it was like I finally found a cure for my homesickness, realizing that this is home. 

To be honest I wanted to buy the whole store, but my bank account didn't allow for that ((hallelujah haha)) but this dress by far was the best investment I could have made (for only $25 might I add thanks to sale) I can already see how I will dress it up with blush or chambray for the spring. ((Basically expect this to be a staple #sorrynotsorry)) And seriously who says you can't rock white in the colder months, because with this blanket scarf and sunny weather... I think I'm doing just fine. 

The boutique actually has an online store, unfortunately it does not include a lot of their adorable selections clothing wise but it does feature some clever shirts that would make amazing Christmas presents ((like my one friend adores their whiskey makes me frisky shirt.)) 

Without going into much detail, you know those moments when something happens and it makes your head spin, you're blushing all the way home (yes to quote Taylor Swift), and your mouth hurts from smiling too much? 

That was this weekend...

Shop This Post:

27 comments so far

  1. Love your dress and the tartan scarf adds the perfect touch, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well great job on that stellar dress purchase - that's awesome!! So glad you had a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moments when you realize God's got you. You look great in this white dress!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous outfit, the dress is stunning as are you! x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces, always love reading your posts! xo

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name of your blog :) And that scarf is amazing!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name of your blog :) And that scarf is amazing!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love getting items I loved on sale!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! In love with that lace dress!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress! Beautiful pictures!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great time! I've been shopping in AC before and they always have such great shops, sounds like a really great event you went to!

    Laura | Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute dress! It looks perfect on you! ! Have a great day!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute dress!!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this dress on you! and that cute blanket scarf goes well with it, perfect for this season! <3

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you made your dress feel more fall with that blanket scarf! So cute!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dress, you're so pretty!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab pictures! <3

    Chiara

    http://www.culturewithcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fantastic Saturday! I'd love those goodies :)
    XoXo Noma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit! The dress is gorgeous and the scarf is so cute!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your dress! The lace is so cute!!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a Lovely dress! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so so pretty! I'm so in love with your scarf, perfecr for the season!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous dress and I love that you paired it with the scarf making it perfect for this time of year!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving that scarf, doll! Super cozy and looks so soft!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  25. Free cupcakes & champagne!?!?! You're killing me here. The dress you're wearing is so pretty. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the scarf - it looks so warm and cozy! This is such a pretty outfit x

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.