May 25, 2015

Comfy Casual








A couple weeks ago I was out shopping with a friend and she mentioned how she was really into the lace shorts trend, but was't sure how she would style them and I made the comment that I really only wore them to the beach. ((And that is such a waste of lace shorts... that I knew I needed to find a way to incorporate them better into my wardrobe... and help others.))

I am not a t-shirt and jeans person, for some reason I just never have been so my version of casual is often times a lot less casual than others, but I am learning-and trying to change! (Like I just bought a boyfriend tee today) For me if I can pop up a simple tank and a cute pair of shorts and sandals... I'm ready to go. Especially in the summer when I just have spent all day in the sun, taken a shower, and am honestly feeling pretty lazy at this point of the day.

((Also how adorable is this living doll top with the bow... anything with bows basically can be defined as my obsession but this tank may take the cake.)) Immediately when thinking of what to pair with the pants that wasn't the average basic like black tee, I thought of how the bow tank could automatically dress it up a bit but still leave it looking casual.

Plus these lace shorts feel like pajamas, and if I can get away with feeling like I am wearing pajamas for most of the day while running errands... well you best believe I will take that chance.

Pajamas all day everyday in the summer and no one will notice... yes please ;) 


Tank: Living Doll (Similar here and here)
Shorts: Francesca's (Similar here and here)
Necklace: Francesca's (similar here)
Earrings: Francesca's (similar here and here)
Sunnies: Raybans (similar here)
Shoes: Target (similar here and here)
Lipgloss: Baby Lips
Nailpolish: Bump Up The Breaks

Shop This Post:


44 comments so far

  1. cute shorts! love the lace :)

    ephemeralfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I adore those sandals xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! The color of the top is soo pretty! Love the big bow on the back, its all about the details ;)

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love those cool shoes! Great outfit girly!

    xo
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the details in this look- the lace, the bow, the fringe and the necklace. They make the outfit so unique!

    nolongergrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ROCKING those shorts! I personally don't think I could ever pull off lace shorts, but they look so cute on you!

    Also the color of your lips, so pretty! <3

    Tasha
    http://glimmeringshadows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you are the sweetest, that comment made my day!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I'm a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl, popping a cardigan over it too. I don't wear a lot of tanks or shorts but you look gorgeous! The details are amazing <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never ever wear shorts but I bought a pair of the lace shorts for Florida. I realized... I need some kind of shorts to wear this summer so lace shorts might as well be it! I can't see myself in jean shorts at all! Your outfit is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! Love the shorts:) Have a great day!

    Laura
    www.loveandsapphires.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute, I love the shorts!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute and girly look! Adorable!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous!! xx

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute look! Perfect for Summer!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles
    

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bow is just darling! Love the look! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely top Brooke! I love the bow detail! Great shorts too!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cute shorts! I love the lace details, and the red top is super with them!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You styled these so well! Love the cream and red together. I don't have a pair of lace shorts, but now I want some!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so pretty, I love your top and your lace shorts!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh! I had lace shorts that I only wore once and eventually I ended up donating them because I just wasn't sure how to wear them. I love this bow top though! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look fantastic and I love the top on you. Lace shorts can be tricky, and I totally agree about the cover-up choice! I'm the same way.

    Great post!!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! I recently bought a lace shorts but still haven't wear it. Thanks for the tip! :)

    Have a great day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute look! Love the shorts

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all things lacy and those shorts are just so cute!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your shorts !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look beautiful! Those shorts are perfection and loving that necklace!

    xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

    ReplyDelete
  26. that bow detail is very cute! :) And the lace shorts are lovely. it's always good to give things a try and wear them differently now and then :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cute shorts and loving the bow on the back of that shirt!

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  28. That necklace is so pretty; the bow on the back of your top is too cute! I like your style ;)

    xx

    http://beautlfull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loooooooove lace shorts!! They are so comfortable and really can jazz up any outfit. You styled them so perfectly with that little red bow tank and statement necklace. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com
    www.shoppumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am totally loving your sunglasses! I want a pair of that style!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the lace shorts on you! Casual and comfy are my middle names :)

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE this top! So adorable.

    www.rosyoutlookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm lovin' your lace shorts.
    So cool outfit
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  34. Comfy casual is the best of both worlds! Love the lace shorts. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE your style! Can't wait to see future outfits! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness girl, THANK YOU!! You are always the sweetest! xoxo

      Delete
  36. How adorable is the bow back on your blouse?! so cute!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just discovered your blog, and I'm in love with it!!
    xo
    Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm loving this look! The bow on your blouse is too cute, what a great find!!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.