April 10, 2015

I Was The Kind of Kid Who...

**A link up with The Daily Tay**

  • Who would run to the merry-go-round prop myself like Ariel and sing her signature "aah aah ahhhhh ah aah aaaaaaah"
  • Who taught all my little friends who Judy Garland was.
  • Who thought a magical land (thanks Narnia) was in my closed up fireplace. I swore there was a key hole...
  • Who would do my homework by pretending I was teaching my animals and dolls.
  • Who went around the play ground trying to tell my friends about Grease haha.
  • Who named their goldfish Gretel, after The Sound of Music.
  • Who loved Recess! 
  • Who had a really strong southern accent, which I actually don't have anymore lol.
  • Who kept a journal since she was like seven. 
  • Whose "go to" movies were the Disney Sing Alongs.
  • Thought the song "Mickey" was about Mickey Mouse...
  • Who played basketball for a year and was probably going to the other direction than the ball....
  • Who couldn't swim or ride a bike (and that hasn't changed)
  • Who thought my little sister would come out my age... hahahaha.
  • Who loved Madeline!
  • Who cheered for two years in middle school. 
  • Who saved up her money to buy sea monkeys, only to become super scared of them when I brought them home and refused to sleep in the same room as them.
  • Who loved American Girls probably more than princesses in all honesty.
  • Who always had a bow in her hair for the most part.
  • Who once tried to be super cool and wear Samantha's (American Girl doll) bow in my hair, and was caught by a girl on the bus that yelled out "Isn't that Samantha's bow!?" 
  • Who loved playing house.

  • Once in third grade our whole class played this EPIC game that lasted a while of Dinosaur and there were mother Dinosaurs and children and husbands. And everyone wanted me to be their mommy, so I think I win.
  • Who put on plays with her friends for her class and during her tea birthday party lol.
  • Who used to play in a cardboard box for fun pretending it was a shower... my imagination knows no bounds lol.
  • Who had a Wizard of Oz theme party and I was the only girl who dressed up. 
  • Who wanted to grow up and be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, which still is my favorite movie. 
  • Who was obsessed and I mean obsessed with Lizzie Mcguire lol. 
  • I had her clothing, books, dvds, umm anything I could possibly get. I even think I had a plush doll of her like subconscious drawling thing.
  • I was terribly shy, so my parents sent me to a children's acting camp in hopes I would be a tiny bit more outgoing. 
  • WHO REMEMBERS GROOVY GIRLS!? Cuz they were the bomb...


I absolutely adore this link up, it's so fun to think of who you were as a little kid. I also think it's good to get back in tune with it: as children our faith, hope, and imagination are so active... and as adults we loose that a lot. The child in us is important, and we shouldn't let them die. 

Please, I would absolutely love for you to join in on this link up or if you don't have a blog leave a comment below about the kid you were! Let's reminisce together!!! :) 

Okay I thought that was the COOLEST purse, it was velcro and you
could match with the weather by sticking the proper picture lolol.
I was stylish.





24 comments so far

  1. Awww this made me smile! I was such a huge disney kid (Still Am!!!) I also used to teach my stuffed toys (they attended magic school and I was the head teacher) LOL. It would be so great to go back, life was so much simpler :D

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is sush a fun post! you remember a lot of you childhood LOL very cute! ;) I’ve followed you on instagram & bloglovin so we can keep in touch ;) great blog! Ow, and thank you for the nice comment ;)
    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! You have a lovely blog! Enjoy the weekend, dear!!

    Mary | CHECK my last post here!
    FOLLOW back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way with the Mickey song! Haha omg good memories!
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were such a cute kid !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw such cute photos! I also loved playing house. And I think at some point I also wanted to be Dorothy haha! Thanks for sharing! <3

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute post! I love reading this a lot :) and the photos are adorable! the first thing you mentioned is definitely something I would have done. Just anything Disney related haha

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sounded like such an adorable little girl. Such nice photographs too! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I MISS LIZZIE MCGUIRE! Why is it not on Netflix yet?! Also loved Madeline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, netflix needs to get on it!

      Delete
  11. You look so cute!
    I so love recess time too
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved learning more about you!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool blog post idea!! I love it!

    www.conveythemoment.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great blog post! I love getting to know who I follow. You're probably one of my favorite bloggers right now!
    P.S you were such an adorable kid!
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I literally laughed out loud at the first one! That is such a great idea, I wish I'd done that as a kid!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post! i really like your blog :)
    Maybe, you want to follow each other? (if yes, please let me know:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh this is too cute!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute post! I love it!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw this is such a cute post - I used to do some of those things as well aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. aaww these are such meaningful facts and photos!! thanks for sharing! :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute, many of the things you did I can relate to. I was the sort of kid who whenever someone asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say either a mum or princess!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. these pics are so sweet love learning about peoples past :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute post. I've never had seas monkeys, but I bet I would be a bit scared as well :)

    Jessica xo
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.