March 11, 2015

New York Rewind

All my LU friends are all on spring break having the time of their lives and it's making me wish I was chilling in florida, visiting Charleston, or reliving my last two spring break adventures in New York City. So I thought I'd share some past photos and a list of some of my favorite things.















  • Go to Central Park. I absolutely love Central Park. It's beautiful, never ending, and you never know what you'll run into. In a gift shop in the middle of the park there is also an adorable pillow I need to buy next visit lol. (I tried to find it online... no such luck)
  • FAO Schwarz. Any Big fans in the house!? Of course they have the giant piano still, which each time I am too embarrassed to actually go on with all the little kids lol. Even if you don't have kids in tow with you, it's worth seeing.
  • Laduree. I couldn't possibly give this place enough praise... I would live there if that was possible. I have only ever had their macaroons but man are they perf. They are what I imagine heaven would taste like, but why would you eat heaven, I know.
  • A Broadway Show!! I have seen Phantom of The Opera, 2014 Broadway Revival of Les Miserables, Newsies, and Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Les Mis and POTO are still running, sadly the other two closed. Out of what's available I would recommend seeing: A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder or On The Town. (I also would recommend Hamilton (coming soon to broadway) and Gigi (also coming soon to broadway)) Also if you are into that sort of thing STAGE DOOR after your show. You can thank the actors (who come out) for their performance, have them sign your playbill, or even take photos with them. I have gotten to meet many of my idols that way. 
  • John's Pizzeria. New York City, Pizza... what is there not to love!?? The atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous and the pizza is great. I went there once later at night after seeing a broadway show, well worth it. 
  • Serendipity 3. I have actually never been there, but it's on my bucket list. Time just never seems to permit (in reality I probably am just too busy stuffing my face with macaroons) But helloooo frozen hot chocolate, yes please!
  • Ellen's Stardust Diner. This is not for the faint of heart. If you hate singing, dancing, or just plain happiness... then I would stay clear of this place. The different waiters and waitresses take turns singing to you as you dine, mostly showtunes... but they do radio music as well. It's really enjoyable, and I have gone every time I have been in the city. 
  • Shopping. I am totally lame and my two favorite places (other than sephora and M.A.C.) are going to the disney store and forever 21. Mostly because I could waste hours in any forever 21, much less a huge like(... three floor??) forever 21. Heck I could probably spend a year. And disney stores, for the princess wannabe inside me, it's self explanatory.
  • Schmackary's. If you haven't noticed... I am a huge foodie haha. I personally wasn't crazy about their cookies (tho most people totally are) they put out different flavors each day, so the longer you're around... the more likely you are bound to find a favorite. I really enjoyed the mocha I got from there though hahah. 

What are some of your favorite things to do in the city, I love new ideas!!!


18 comments so far

  1. I've never been to Serendipity in the City, but I always go when I'm in Vegas! I'm so jealous that you had Laudree. If you've never tried Ray's Pizza, you've got to do it next time you're in town :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures, Brooke! It seems like you had a great time while you were in New York. I love Central Park- I could spend the whole day there (in the warm season) just chilling and reading a book. Next time I visit NY though, I really want to go see a Broadway show-thanks for your recommendations!

    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip! Those macarons look yummy,
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos, they make me want to jump on a plane and start travelling! The macarons are so beautifully presented as always and i can only imagine how good that cookie tasted - american cookies are so, so much better than English cookies!! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, I would love to go to New York but unfortunately i'm stuck here in the U.K. Lucky you though!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://halesaaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York looks incredible! I've never been but would love to go :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to go to New York! These photographs make me want to go even more!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute and lovely entry and Outfit
    follow for follow?

    hope you too visit my Blog <3
    http://miss-amelyrose.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohh those macaroons look amazing! I will have to go to Lauderee at some point!!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an amazing time! Thanks so much for stopping by EPWL!

    xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. New York looks like such a cool place, I'm not surprised that you're dreaming of it again.

    Cats In Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how I love New York!! Great photos!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss NY, fantastic city, my favorite place in the world ! Beautiful pics =)

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I regret not attending any musical when I was in NY, new time I'll definitely do it!
    Great pictures round up!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yesssss! We have a tradition on Sundays to buy pastries at Ladurée and take them to Central Park for a picnic. I posted a lot of these dates on the blog back in fall. Can't wait for a warmer weather to resume this fun.

    Katie // Lublyou

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.