March 13, 2015

How Much is My Face Worth?

*Inspired by the "How Much Is Your Face Worth?" tag & the blog post over at Lauren-Lee Grace*




I remember in middle school we were playing dodgeball (I always had a plan when it came to dodgeball... I would always stand outside the boundaries so I'd be sent to the bench before anyone would really actually throw something at me) I was on the bench and a good friend said they couldn't hit her in the face... her face was expensive. Granted she was kidding as though she had gotten work done on her face, but thanks to makeup... a person's face is freaking expensive. So I shall tally up the cost of my everyday wear (some lipsticks and such I alternate but we will just tally it all up). 

1. I always start off with a good primer, recently I've been using Revlon's Photo Ready Perfecting Primer $13.99
2. Next I go in with my trusty Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette for any blemishes $10.49
3. Next I go for Garnier's BB Cream (I just started using it this summer and it's my new fav) $12.99
4. My go to concealer is Cover Girl's TruBlend Fixstick (it's a life changer) $7.99
5. In the spring/summer I use bronzer, Benefit's Hoola Bronzer $28.00
6. If I still feel like I look tired or need a little brightener, I take Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment $8.99
**If I don't feel like wearing full coverage, I only use this with the Fixstick Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer $6.99**
7. Every girl needs a pop of color, I use Visible Lift Blush in Peach Gold Lift $9.99
8. To help it stay, I brush a little NYX Blush in Pale Peach over it $4.99
9. For my eyebrows, I use the shade Cool Gray from the Lorac Pro Palette 2, I also use the eye primer from it $42.00
10. I use the Naked 3 Palette for a base and the Naked Palette (sidecar is my personal fav) for any additions, both are $54.00
13. If I want an extra boost, I use CoverGirl's Lash Blast Volume $8.99
14. For lips, I like to use BabyLips (Tho unfortunately my favorite was a limited time edition) $4.49
15. If I want a more "adult" look, I line it with The Paris Colour Riche Collection Lipstick (620) $8.99

So the grand total? Well, an embarrassing total of: $304.88

Well the only justification I can make it the fact the most expensive products last a pretty long amount of time... hahahaha. How much does YOUR face cost?? 


33 comments so far

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this post idea!!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ! It's really original !
    Love it !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post idea! I don't use quite as many products, but I'm sure whatever I spend is quite a bit of money...I may have to try this out! Thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha the dodgeball story is so funny! I would also sit out because there was no way I was getting hit! I tagged you in The Versatile Blogger Award on my blog!
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. for some reason it won't let me join your site!

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness I have absolutely noo clue why, I looked into it and could only get it to work when clicking the two little boxes. Also thank you sooo much, soo sweet!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is such a good post idea! & I wonder how much my face would be worth! The products you use are lovely though :) xx

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is too funny! I love your story about dodgeball. I used similar tactics! I would be too embarrassed to add my makeup up! I know I've spent more money than should be allowed on cosmetics! >_>
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea I have never before thought about how much the makeup I'm using actually cost. I wonder what my face is worth lol, I might have to do something like this on my blog.

    Cute blog by the way :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I actually don't want to calculate my products I'd use on a daily basis because I'm pretty sure I'd cry knowing how expensive most brands are that I use haha!

    xo // Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I love this idea! I've never thought about this actually, I guess you're face is pretty pricey haha I think mine must cost...about £100 :/ When i worked at BodyShop we used to get free makeup cos they wanted us to be wearing £100 worth at all times! Great post xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice picks. Would love it if you could check out my latest March favourites post!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally going to do a post like this that tells me how much I spend on my makeup hahaha I've never used any of those before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's crazy how much makeup all adds up to, you don't normally realise but it's so fun to find out! Lovely post :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great post! It's crazy how that all adds up, but I suppose if I'm going to spend that much anywhere I hope it's on my face!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! It's amazing how much goes into our faces, but it's very well worth it!!!

    I'd love it if you could check out my blog! :) Wealthykitten.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cool concept! I just wear mascara so I don't know how much I would be worth but I definitely wouldn't be as much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you broke everything down. Yikes I am scared to do my own!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats crazy to think how much it all adds up to! Us women really do spend a lot on cosmetics! Great post girl!

    www.georgiajade.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an interesting post! I guess it's not so bad when you calculate the per use cost ;)
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahah oh man, If I added up how much I spend on makeup, my husband might not be a very happy camper ;)

    xo Candace
    http://www.kahandace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute idea - Now I'm thinking about how much I spend on makeup...
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHOA, I would be TOO nervous to add up my total...but I might, just for fun ;) Yes, expensive products DO seem to last longer which is a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for giving nice idea. Cool post.

    Amalya
    www.fiwl.eu

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! I don't even want to know what mine costs. Probably a lot and it's still just mostly drug store stuff. Eek! This is such a good post idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't actually know coz I wear makeup everyday, and I'd love to try out the Hoola bronzer, it seems amazing!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a cool post, haha, my face worth way less because I don't use too many products :( :D
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. How fun is this?! I think it's an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing your beauty secrets!

    Xox. A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's expensive to look good! I feel ya... if I tallied mine up it would be embarrassing as well. <3
    xx andrea

    Fancy Her Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just came across this and realised 2 things:
    1. I am insanely jealous of US makeup prices
    2. As much as I say I'm "not really into makeup" I use at least 7 products everyday, worth a total of over AU$200 - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a good post idea. Very entertaining, very eye-opening. Love it!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.