June 8, 2015

Summer Make-Up Routine


Lately, I have been getting a lot of questions about makeup products I like and use regularly so here are some of my favorites recently, seeing as summer is finally upon us!! I always get an extra confidence boost when summer finally rolls around. Everyone's in a pretty relaxing mood, the sun is shining, and I am finally tan (!!!!). While I must be completely honest... the tanner I get the more the routine ends up being primer and mascara unless I am going out. **That's why your primer and mascara choices are so key, they're your staple pieces that tie in your whole entire look. The best part of summer is the sheer and light products you use, I'd say the heaviest product I do use is my concealer (when I do use it). For me the biggest makeup struggle (summer wise) for me is that I actually prefer the look of my full on foundation (L'Oreal Infallible Foundation) over the BB cream I use (just because BB cream in general gives me that wanted dewey glow but because I am oily.. I get self conscious it's a little overboard naturally. Garnier's BB Cream (oil free version) is a nice sheer summer foundation though, even for the oily. On days I really am worried though, I do dab on a little translucent powder (I have used both NYX which I linked and Makeup Forever's).  I never worry that my face resembled melting candles with it on.. ;)

In order of how I use them:
1. Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Mattifying Primer (Oily skin people you need the Mattifying version.. they have two others)
5.L'Oreal Color Lift Blush (shade Peach Gold Lift) & Brush
6. Anastasia's Brow Wiz (shade Dark Brown) ((sometimes I use shadow from the Lorac Palette instead))
7. Urban Decay's Naked Palette (First) (Sidecar, Buck, Virgin, and Toasted are some favorites)
8.Define-A-Lash Eyeliner (shade Ebony Black)
9. Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara (just picked this up & obsessed. I don't even use an eyelash curler often)
11. NYX Buttergloss (shade Tiramisu, a great go to color for everyday)
12. Essie Nail Polish (Ballet Slippers
13. Victoria Secret's Noir Tease Body Spray (go-to since high school lol)

Honestly, I just can't wait til the day I am tan enough to really only want to use primer and mascara because those are the days *cue praise emojis, sun emojis, and all the heart eyes*

Shop This Post:

23 comments so far

  1. Great picks, I've definitely lightened up my routine lately too! I really want to try that BB Cream!

    Kendal | Life With Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just replenished my BB cream - the garnier one is the best!! I love butter glosses and need to pick the color you have picked out! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that Sonia Kashuk primer this summer! Thanks for the recs!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get my summer makeup routine in order! I love BB cream in the summer. It gives enough coverage, but not so much that you look like you're wearing makeup. I totally agree with waiting for being so tan you don't even need it!!
    xo, Lauren-lee
    Lauren-lee Grace Beauty & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the naked palette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am honestly so terrible at all things beauty so these are great suggestions! The BB cream looks divine! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried Garnier BB cream yet but i bet it works wonderfully!

    Flash Tattoo Giveaway!
    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about the Garnier BB Cream; I need to get my hands on them!

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see lots of products I must try! Hoping to pick a few of them up when I visit the States this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picks! Need to try out that BB cream! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo, Ivette
    Glamour State Of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the colour of that nail polish - its such a pretty, subtle colour!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use most of these products and love them and will definitely have to try out the ones I don't.
    Fun post.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG nice things! i want all!
    Besitos
    Bego
    Tenemos nuevo post!
    Simply 2 Wear
    Facebook
    Blogloving

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great product for summer makeup!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish we had the Sonia Kashuk primer over here too. Love your summer makeup routine. I prefer "light" makeup during the summer too :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that nail polish! Sadly with my sensitive skin I can't use any of those other products. I should do a post on my makeup routine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES PLEASE! I would love to see that :)

      Delete
  17. AnonymousJune 10, 2015

    That Fixstick is supposed to be amazing! I've never tried it though!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a favorite! I've gone through at least four tubes!

      Delete
  18. I need to try that mascara, I am always looking for new and GOOD mascara! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you have some great products in your makeup routine...

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I definitely have a little more tweaking to do, but I've found some products I'll most likely use life long!!

      Delete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.