June 2, 2013

Adventures In The City

It's been a good couple of months since my last New York City adventure and needless to say I am going through so many withdrawals. So to ease this need I thought I could blog about the most recent adventure....





Thank goodness for friends who help make dreams come true. The first night we got there was magical, aside from looking like a completely idiotic tourist. Imagine me, huge suitcase in hand getting stuck somehow on a pole. That was the gist of the lovely walk to the hotel. Icing on the cake? An adorable new yorker spying me... looking like an idiot. But the debacle was all forgotten when it was time to hit the city. 
Finally a slice of Roxy's cheesecake was right in front of me cheesecake will never taste the same. And a new dress in possession... a tight, blue dress and how did I know it was a winner? Random people came up to tell me how stunning I looked! Talk about an ego boost... 




Now to the main event... my second broadway show. This was a special one, thanks to a dear friend who much like the Fairy Godmother... wouldn't let dreams go to waste.  She found a discounted ticket when my parents originally turned down the idea of seeing another show... and oh my our seats! That wasn't the important part though, this show held a special place in my heart because of the lead. Laura Osnes is an amazing soul. She is not only an actress on broadway but she is a Christian who stays true to her morals, she is exactly the kind of person I hope to be one day. Now as if seeing her sing, dance, and act live wasn't a treat enough... thanks to my daring pushing skills (I also brought a man with me... seems my purse got connected to his camera bag and I hadn't notice... oops!) we ended up at the front of the line up for the stage door! Naturally I cried and couldn't speak... I think I managed a you we're amazing haha. But... here is the final result. Please excuse the horribleness of the photo. 


























The rest of the trip included a walk through central park, tons of coffee, a trip to new Lily store on Madison Ave, and finally another dream granted... a visit to FAO.





























Til next time NYC.
--Brooklyn

Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.