June 1, 2015

When You Cave








Thank you for all the sweet comments on instagram, twitter, and on the blog about reaching three years... I am so genuinely surprised and honored be a part of such an amazing community. I can't wait  for the future and all the things I have in store for LookBrooke ((and that you for sticking with me as I try new things and am kinda stumbling around... like this post lol))

Sometimes you cave and something beautiful happens: you find a new favorite store, a new passion, or maybe you just find a new outfit staple. Can you believe that for yearssss I hated Old Navy (I know such a travesty) I wouldn't even set foot in the store then about two years ago I caved went into the store... and fell in love. 

And believe it or not this jean jacket (that I am obsessed with) was found at Old Navy and a little story about me and jean jackets... I hated them. They were never my style and I really didn't understand them... that is until I knew I needed something to go with my white dress for a party and new the jean jacket was the way to go. ((That and I may have been a little influenced by how amazing Taylor Morgan can pull off a jean jacket... I'm obsessed, she's like a soul sister)) I am also in love with the look of lace and the contrast of the jean. ((For white lace dresses and wine lovers.. did you know shaving cream can save your white dresses from dried red wine stains... for reals)) 

Dress: Fire Los Angeles (similar here and here)
Jacket: Old Navy
Earrings: Francesca's (similar here and here)
Purse: Kate Spade (similar here and here)
Shoes: Target
Lip gloss: Raspberry Tart (NYX Butter Gloss)



Now I basically want to wear this outfit everyday and princess twirl because old navy and jean jackets are worth caving for ;)

21 comments so far

  1. You are so pretty! I love that dress and I totally understand about the jean jacket I used to hate them too but now I can't get enough of them!
    xo, Maria
    Gal and the City

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I love a denim jacket with a pretty dress xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to an Old Navy in forever, but I feel like I definitely should! Everyone has been loving them lately!

    Kendal | Life With Kendal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I totally agree about Old Navy. I went the other day after seeing a pair of sandals on Instagram and found a ton of cute things! It definitely taught me to be open minded about stores where I usually wouldn't shop. Love the look, especially that adorable bag!

    xx
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute outfit u put together u look so pretty and old navy is my favorite place to shop for my kids and I find cute things for myself too.
    www.rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love your white lace dress Brooke!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this outfit. That 2nd to last photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly stunning! Love the outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Might just steal this look for a concert on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! Old navy is not a go to store for me- but I might have to revisit one soon. Thanks for sharing!

    xox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute dress! Love the lace detailing :)

    XO
    VanityPear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress!!! I love the lace!

    Kisses

    Anouckinha's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been to old navy in forever but I've been seeing so many bloggers wear their pieces lately. And they're pieces I want! Glad to hear you're now on team denim jacket ;) Oh and congrats on three years!!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chic and cute, love the look dear x Mary

    http://marypolka.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was the same way about Old Navy for a while, but they have definitely stepped up their game! Love this look! That dress is beautiful.

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress! Your bag is adorable :)

    http://www.fineclic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lace dress looks great paired with denim.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to go to Old Navy more often, but every once in awhile I find something I just have to have like you did! And the NYX butter gloss looks great. It's the best stuff, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a darling look for summer, you can never go wrong with a denim jacket!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.