June 12, 2015

Loving Lately


((I really just want to apologize for the serious lack of creativity and of outfit posts or anything FUN! My computer has been on the fritz making life that much harder, and honestly… I'm not sure when it's going to get fixed or when a new one will be in my grasp. So I thank you in advance for keeping up with this crazy journey I call life and for bearing with me as I probably will start blogging without a computer (mobile app for the win!) I have plenty of outfit posts lined up, but between the rain and the whole no computer thing… it puts a damper on things. Anyway hope your weekend is going well and better than this computer fiasco is treating mine.))


Jadelynn Brooke

Remember how I said I'm just not a t-shirt person?? Well Jadelynn Brooke makes me rethink my stand. The company is ran by three adorable sisters who are small town Southern girls. "We are all very different, but we share one important thing, our Faith and Family are always first. Sure, we argue and get really upset when one of us "borrows" things…. but when push comes to shove, we have a sisterhood that no one can come in between." ((Also how absolutely adorable is this shirt… ordered for Fourth of July… check!)) 
Perversion Mascara
I know I'm one to talk (type) your ear off on products I like, enjoy, or just think are pretty but I seriously am not saying this lightly…. If you need mascara this is the one for YOU. (That is if you can use any mascara… seeing as I know due to allergies or sensitive skin… sometimes beauty products just don't work out.) If you remember my recount on all the Lilly madness… I took full advantage of being in PA and went to King of Prussia and the Sephora store. (praise Him!) While there I was battling back and forth on either the Perversion or Better Than Sex Mascara. Due to a friend's recommendation I left with Perversion and honestly I haven't looked back. When you find the mascara you can throw on and just leave the house (I mean and swipe your lipgloss too) then you know you've found your mascara soul mate. 

Infallible Foundation
I have already mentioned how amazing this foundation is and how it's just as nice as Makeup Forever's HD Foundation… but guys this truly is the holy grail of drugstore. My favorite part of this foundation is how long it truly lasts. I can put it on and never touch it up and it still has the same amount of coverage as it did when I first applied it. The only reason I use a primer, is for the mattering effect seeing as I have pretty oily skin. If you aren't oily, this is the only product you need for a flawless canvas! ((as Kandee Johnson would say… you're foundation is the most important ;) )) Also if you follow me on Snapchat… I am sorry because you've already seen me post about this mascara like 4746 times. ( LOVE IT. )

NYX Buttergloss… Tiramisu
I had bought this color last summer and then proceeded to lose it from the move. So imagine my happiness when I just recently found it. I am obsessed, it's the perfect nude color to add some color but not too much where you feel awkward if you weren't wearing your normal makeup routine. (Seriously this with mascara and I am golden.) 

Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Remover
I know this is kind of a really weird thing to put down on a list, I realize that. It has an almost floral perfumey scent to it which I really enjoy. For nail polish remover, I find it extremely easy to get the actual polish off. I don't know about you, but usually I'm scrubbing the same finger for what feels like forever… and with this specific polish I'm already onto my second hand. 

Physician Formula Powder Palette
I know highlighters are all the rage, but I honestly am not the biggest fan. Not really in general, but more on my skin just because mixed with my oily skin… I just feel like a wax figure gone wrong. But on the days I want a little extra glow, I dust on this mineral glow pearls palette and get the perfect amount of sheen… so I don't look like a sweaty mess (cuz that's not attractive lol.)

Makeup Forever Translucent Powder
While talking about not looking like a wax figure gone wrong… here is the real trick up my sleeve. My own little fairy godmother in a bottle… translucent powder. I usually carry this specific one in my purse for touch ups through out the day. But if you want a quick pick me up from feeling like a dripping gross mess, this will do it! 


Please leave a comment below letting me know some things you're loving lately (!!!) 

27 comments so far

  1. great picks! all of it sounds great! i would love to try the nyx buttergloss :)

    Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu! A fave for sure!

    xo | The Fashion Forecast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the mascara ;) New on my French Blog: How to straighten your hair and eat Strawberries sweets :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, I'd love to try that mascara. Have a nice weekend :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've heard a lot about that foundation! want to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously well worth the price for a drugstore foundation! I can't talk highly enough about it!

      Delete
  6. I'm off to check out that tee shirt brand! :) I'm definitely a tee person, I have way to many in my wardrobe but I can't seem to stop buying them, haha!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for that! Tshirts are always nice when they're cute and bubbly... I feel like then it feeds into your own personal creative style. Hope you love them as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  7. I Love Tiramisu! As a color on the lips it sounds even better!:) Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post and great picks! I'll have to try these. :-)
    April xx

    APRIL ROSE PENGILLY

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great choice dear! Thank you for the tips! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  10. the nyx buttergloss sounds amazing! i would love to try it :)

    Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jadelynn Brooks has obviously really cool shirts!

    Many thanks for the lovely words on my blog. Your blog is so interesting and now I want to ask you if you want to follow each other?
    xx Rena
    International Giveaway: Bags are More Than Fun for Me
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been eyeing up that NYX lipgloss for a while, it's such a lovely shade! I really need to try the loreal foundation too. Everyone seems to love it!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like great products!! I might have to try that foundation!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  14. dont worry babe!! this post are also very interesting!

    Besitos
    Bego
    Tenemos nuevo post!
    Simply 2 Wear
    Facebook
    Blogloving

    ReplyDelete
  15. These seem like some really amazing products!
    Thanks for sharing!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your picks! I'm obsessed with the NYX Butter glosses.

    www.rosyoutlookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally understand how frustrating it can be when you have all these ideas, but something is pulling you back! I hope your computer is fixed quickly!! I absolutely love the Infallible foundation... you're so right when you say it's a holy grail of drugstore! It's amazing!! Thanks for sharing Brooke & have a great week:)

    xo
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. the only thing i've tried here are the butter glosses but i do love those :)

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice post my dear, those look like really nice products! :) I'm your newest follower <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great review! Love the NYX brand!! xx
    Flaunt and Center 

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks, I really want to try that foundation and some NYX products as well!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks! I love the NYX butter glosses (and NYX in general) so much. I still haven't tried that L'oreal foundation, but I keep hearing about how great it is everywhere. My holy grail drugstore foundation is Revlon Colorstay, but I'd definitely try this one too!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the exact same buttergloss from NYX!! I love it as well <3

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been wanting to try the NYX butterglosses! Thanks for the color suggestion!

    -Carolanna
    www.girlmeetsbrave.com

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.