February 28, 2014

GOING BACK TO THE BEGINNING

This morning I was met with a new post from Two Thirds Hazel that really convicting me of why I am still blogging.

I had this blog in high school with the main purpose of using it as a space to share what God was showing me and the amazing little things I found in life. Now don't get me wrong with the little things sometimes a link up or two and then the classics look what I did posts are fitting.

Lately, though, I knew my blog had become nothing short of a bland mindless zombie blog full of nonsense that no one needed to take the time to read.

I want to be fair to my followers, those who visit often, and those who are just now coming across my blog. I don't want to be the blogger who posts constantly about why pink is her favorite color, my love affair with tweed, or any other selfish thing I have been using this space for. I want to start opening my heart. This is a blogging community and I know that we all have battles we're waging, advice we need to hear from others. and then somedays we need the posts to bring out the positive in everyday things that just make us smile.

I vow to be a better blogger. I vow to show others my mind, heart, and issues that are in them. It will be a process, but I am willing to work at it.

So here's to my little corner of the internet... let's get real.


In my voice for the stage class we are working on poems and on a whim I chose a poem about how hope can kill the heart. I liked the idea of choosing this poem because for those of you who know me I am probably hope's biggest fan. I live by the motto dwell in the possibilities.  

I do believe though it's what you put your hope in. Putting hope in myself can go two ways: I can become so self involved and obsessed that I kill all hope anyway and then there is the other way... you rely so much on yourself that anxiety builds. 

Lately, I have been trying to rely too much on myself and putting the hope in my abilities but not taking the time to realize that it doesn't matter because ultimately my hope is in Christ, and that he has my world in his hands. 

Now yes, you should own your craft (whether it is writing blogs, selling makeup, or anything else you do) but there is a difference between owning it and learning from experiences and worshiping your talent or lack there of. 

I know my future is in God's hands and that I can dwell in the possibilities of God's love, power, and faithfulness. And I have hope in the fact that you can too. 


Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.