October 27, 2013

SUNDAY FAVORITES

These are a few of my favorite things....

I know it has been a completely long time since I last did a sunday favorites post! And I am terribly sorry for that!

For this week music was a great highlight to this week. No matter what is going on in my life there is always a song to bring out the joy in a mundane day. Now excuse me as a lot of my tastes come back to theatre, and showtunes are kind of my weakness....

1. Time Stops, Big Fish.
While on search for shows to see over SPRING BREAK. (I can NOT wait to be back in NYC) I found this song and completely fell in love. I love the idea that you can notice someone and it is like your whole life has changed, and that is the beginning of a life long story. 


2. When I Was Your Man (Cover), Aaron Tveit
Cue all the fangirling, yeah I found this kind of by accident and immediately homework didn't seem so bad. It for me personally trumps Bruno Mars. 
3. Come Fly With Me, Frank Sinatra
So my roomate wakes up to this song every morning and I have to be completely honest... I LOVE IT. Frank Sinatra was a huge part of my life growing up, as a kid I would fall asleep to my Dad playing Frank's biggest hits throughout the house. And since we're living in their house and it feels odd not seeing my family as much but living in the house I grew up in, it's nice to have that little reminder.

4. Ten Minutes Ago, Cinderella
Cinderella is honestly a huge part of my life, and I am not even exaggerating. I still cry whenever it is just me listening to the soundtrack, my poor friend Stacey came into town and she put me in charge of music. It usually consisted of me getting teary eyed as we listened to the orchestra numbers as soon as it got dark. There is something purely magical about the storyline and the music itself. I wake up to Ten Minutes Ago, so this is in honor of every new day God gives me to make a difference. For each day he sends blessings, and hopefully can use me to bless others. 
5. Something To Believe In, Newsies
I am going to be honest there is one line in here, well two actually that make me listen to this over and over again. Don't get me wrong I love the whole entire song and when I first heard it my immediate reaction was to tell a friend about it. But there is just something about the lines: "And if you're gone tomorrow, what was ours still will be." "If things we're different. What? If you weren't going to Santa Fe..." I don't know, it just makes you feel for them you know. They're powerful lyrics. I also have been listening to this song at least once a day since last sunday haha. 

As you can guess I could sit here forever and add songs upon songs. I will stop here though haha before I go crazy and bore everyone with millions of showtunes. But these are the top five right now that have helped me get through my week or are just an average, great part of it. 

6. BONUS: Fly, Fly Away
Okay, this is one of my all time favorite songs. I am even in the process of currently trying to learn it so I can go around singing it properly everywhere I go. (Instead of belting it out when no one is at home.) Absolutely LOVE this song!


Have a great week lovelies. xoxo







5 comments so far

  1. What a great selection!! It's hard to decide which one is my favorite! ;)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well if you wish! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting my blog! Let me know if you want to follow each other to stay in touch! <3

      Diana
      www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

      Delete
    2. Yeah girl, let's! :)

      Delete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.