September 20, 2017

Summer, I Liked You







Achieve a similar look: |Top|Skirt|Plaid Shirt|


When the alarm went off at 5AM, but you don't even care because you're headed to your favorite place in the entire world (Brig)... summer, that's when I liked you.

When the taste of chips and guac cause you to take a moment and thank God for your blessings... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you're reunited with your true love- Wawa... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you spontaneously visit your best friend in her new apartment-in a new city and you rediscover places like this one to photograph in... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you wake up to check on your phone, only to realize you've overslept by thirty minutes-- yes even then... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you take that first plunge underwater and it officially feels like summer... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you spend Sunday morning with your favorite person just exploring down every isle in Bed, Bath, and Beyond... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you discover raspberry margaritas for the first time, skin your knee walking to one of your favorite bars, only get a few hours of sleep, but get a night you'll remember forever spent with your best friend who will be gone for two years... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you look back on your prayer journal and you're reminded God brings great gifts and you've got this... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you're in a homegoods calling your sister because the one you've had a crush on for a while finally asked you to do something- and in that moment you feel everything shift... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you spend four days modeling every dress in your closet for your mother- trying to decide which one is the dress for a night you weren't even sure was actually defined as a "date"... summer, that's when I liked you.

When your heart practically jumps out of your chest the moment you drive across that bridge into Brigantine... summer, that's when I liked you.

When he finally leans in for that kiss and you can finally tell yourself- yep it's a date... summer, that's when I liked you.

When a simple good morning text can make you grin from ear to ear... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you get home from work and realize you're actually happy with where you are in life... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you realize Newsies in on netflix, so you spend the whole afternoon performing a one woman show in your living room... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you pull up to your best friend's street and see her dog attacking the door... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you make your first adult purchase and come home with your dream car- a jeep compass... summer, that's when I liked you.

When after years of searching you find the perfect romper... summer, that's when I liked you.

When you learn that coke and malibu work just as well as rum and coke... summer, that's when I liked you.

May we remember these moments forever and cling to them during the not so pretty moments of life.

Overall life, I think I like you.

Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.