January 7, 2014

REVELATIONS AND RESOLUTIONS


1st Revelation: I am a little behind on the whole media circus and tv circuit, but during winter break I have become accustom to four new tv shows that have changed my life. Okay, that was a little strong... but have made me incredibly and lazy and glued to the couch or bed is more like it. 
  • I am behind a good couple of years, but boy did I not know what I was missing not having Happy Endings in my life, I finished the whole run in the course of three days with much help from your handy dandy youtube. I ate that show up, couldn't put my computer down.
  • A roomie bonding activity is piling in the den and watching Last Man Standing, seriously if you haven't checked out this show... I urge you to the point of annoyance. It is funny, easy going, and did I mention... funny!? Not to mention a show the three of us can agree on and bond so easily over, score. 
  • One show that everyone seems to be squealing on and on about is Scandal, after weeks of it popping up on newsfeeds, netflix, and conversations... I took the plunge and I haven't stopped since. I am only on season two right now, but let me tell you I am hooked and can't get enough. Not to mention the Mr. President was the voice of Tarzan!?!? Is it sad that sometimes I just close my eyes and truly listen to his voice!? Pathetic, yes. But it's TARZAN!
  • Now I join into the phenomena that is every teen and adult women's fantasy show, that's right I am talking about The Bachelor. I was first introduced to this show when I had a blind date which was like the initial meeting in a group setting, and we all went to the mutual friend's house to watch the show, eh Bachelorette version. Now I am extremely girly, a hopeless romantic, and sometimes way to Disney Princess Fairytale for my own good (did you not just read about my obsession with Tarzan?) but even I, thought this show was way to girly for me. I admit though, one episode and I wanted to be hooked but it was almost over and I was so confused. So with it being what all fans affectionately call Juan-uary, I am now hooked and join the millions in love with show. 
1st Resolution: To stop comparing. It doesn't matter how many likes that girl has on facebook, the face she has a perfect smile and sometimes when I smile I look like a horse, it doesn't matter how anyone views you. They don't define your beauty, self worth, or the type of person you are. God loves you just the way you, heck in the words of Bruno Mars "'Cause girl you're amazing just the way you are."

2nd Revelation: 

You never know whose life you might change, or who might change your life. It is so important to give into the world, shed a light, and be genuine. There is beauty all over the world if you open your eyes. That revelation can make life so much more.

2nd Resolution: To love others fearlessly and genuinely. 

3rd Revelation: Ummm call me crazy, a newbies in the makeup department, or just plain clueless but I learned something craaaazaayyyy today! I just recently learned the importance of concealer, that I need to be using it like all the time asap, and how to apply it.... but the how to apply it came today. Did you know you apply it before foundation not after!? My life is changed, it feels like I have been living a lie when it came to my face since today. 

3rd Resolution: To fall day-by-day more and more in love with Jesus. To know who He is, to crave His word, and to let Him change me... to give him full control of all aspects of my life. A good friend recently came to the realization that she could not fall in love or be ready for a good relationship until she herself came to terms with growing up. For me, it's truly falling in love with Jesus. Because if I can't love who I am in Jesus, who he made me to be, and can't fully give him control of my love life... well the right guy isn't going to be at the right time and we don't have a shot at working whoever he may be. It's time for me to realize in order to have a shot at love, I have to be immensely into Jesus. Cliche but oh so true.

4th Revelation: 
They have a new lifetime wish added to the Sims 3 when you get the expansion pack, University Life... it's to be a top blogger. Now I am not sure which is sadder: how excited I got at this new addition, the fact I got my sister completely head over heels OBSESSED with The Sims, or that I am twenty years old and still playing the sims. You can decide. Funny rabbit trail story though, I once made this guy I liked on the sims (don't worry this was a long long time ago) and well... we were in that awkward talking face and it wasn't the good kind, the kind that should have been let's pray and see if God really wants us to go for this. It was just us getting no where and me waiting on his word til he ultimately found someone better but i digress... 
Well I made him on the sims and he wouldn't even ask me out on the sims haha. Talk about a sign that that relationship was never going to work out. 

4th Resolution: To get to a healthier state of living- what goes into my body, the words I use, and the physical state of being. Time to run around the neighborhood, get those endorphins (cuz happy people just don't shoot their husbands!)

Here is 2014, let's make some new revelations and stick to my resolutions! 

2 comments so far

  1. Have you ever read The Four Agreements? If not, I highly HIGHLY recommend it. It addresses some of the things you talk about here.
    And don't worry, I still play The Sims haha. And I am not ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it!!
      The Sims can be so much fun right!? ha!

      Delete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.