January 26, 2015

Late Night Thoughts


Here I am wanting to plan, I like planning. Meanwhile God just wants me to make like Elsa and let it go. There is a quote I once wrote in my journal: "God sometimes wrecks your plans before they wreck your life." This should be the theme of my life. I may enjoy planning but in the long run I am probably the worst at it. I make horrible decisions haha: from the men I got involved with, to the way I pursued my dreams (and in some cases gave up too easily.) God doesn't want us to run to him with our plans all perfectly laid out, He just wants us. Planning can be limited (yes I just quoted The Bachelor...) , the best we can do is live our life and follow after Him. When you're living in constant communication and prayer with Him, well then the doors will open and the paths will become clear. And for the planner inside of me I can't lie I cringe a little.... I like being able to see ahead of me and know what I am getting into. But that's just not how it works. 

I vow tonight that I know He holds my future in his hands. I know that my future is bright and I have a purpose. This time in my life is dedicated for me to learn more, to grow in my relationship, and to seek every opportunity to step out on faith. The blind fold may be on but I know that my hand is securely being held by Jesus. 


4 comments so far

  1. This is so true. The best laid plans...
    Sometimes the best things happen just when you stop planning everything. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stationery, it's so pretty! <3

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, I would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute photo :)
    -----------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your blog! I just spent hours going through and reading all of your posts! Keep up the amazing work!

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.