September 18, 2015

Fall Transitioning









The weather feels more like transition of spring into summer than becoming fall.  I've been warned and warned though about the bitter cold that is soon to come… so I'm happily holding on to the lingering summer weather with happy, open arms.

It's been such a long time since i've posted an actual outfit post, it hurts me to think about it. (( Now bear with me please, I used to have my sister take the photos for me but since I moved to Jersey it's just up to me. So I'm learning… one awful and blurry photo at a time ;) ))

There's something so simple about a little grey knit dress, with this specific dress I love the slits that add a little sexier vibe to a rather modest dress. (The only downside of this dress is that I think a) it's cuter than photography shows and b) It's looser in the front which leads to an awkward whale vibe when you walk (exhibit a: that second to last photo lol)) What I do love about this dress is the functionality of just throwing it on and looking like you put more thought into your appearance than you actually did. ((Let's be real here my only thought is the beach for my last month of bikini weather and the smell of tanning oil or sunscreen.)) 

I can't wait for the colder weather to come when I came pair this with some little booties and a sweater.

Happy Fall Y'all ;) 

|Midi Dress (similar herehere ((under $20!!)), and here)|Ray-Bans|
|Bow Ring (Old Navy) (similar)|Earrings (Old Navy) (similar) (also like these!!!)|
|Lip Color: L'Oreal (Julianne's Nude)|Nail Color: Essie (Angora Cardi)|


Other Grey Dress Options:

40 comments so far

  1. That's such a cute dress, I love the slit! Dressing for transitioning is always so tough for me, and I can't wait for fall, when I can actually wear all my sweaters!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I struggle with transitional clothing for sure- cold mornings and hot afternoons make for a tough decision! Looking forward to more outfit posts! :)

    xo. A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knit and I love dress and I love knit dresses! I've got one that I'm dying to wear but the weather here is insanely hot and humid; I'll fry if I go out in one! I love the quirky little slit on the side!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! Your hair is totally gorgeous btw. =)

    Following on bloglovin' <3

    Kay

    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/ x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this simple and cozy look and enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts! The NJ cold definitely isn't anything to joke about (but it gives you plenty of excuses to look cute in a coat).

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress looks lovely on you! I love the outfit :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Brooke!! I love the name of your blog, it's so punny. Also love this knit dress, these kind of dresses always have that Kardashian esque look to them that I agree, adds a sexiness to a rather modest piece. I, too, am about to experience my first fall/winter season - we can do it together! :)

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's simple at the same time gorgeous! anyways, beautiful pictures and your hair is goal :)

    Dice, Wildest Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this kind of dresses, and grey is my favourite colour!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the knit dress! You look gorgeous <3
    - Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Knit dresses are so good for casual days! Love it!
    xx

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been a lovely distraction whilst my family have forced me to watch dr.who this evening haha! Thank you!!! (lifesaver) xx



    Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Crème Review

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look super adorable, lovely outfit!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does feel like Spring to Summer doesn't it!? I love your dress!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, happy fall! Love your grey knit dress, super adorable! <3

    -Lily from www.withlovelilyrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. In love with this dress! It's perfect for transitioning! You look amazing :)

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm left feeling pretty confused by the weather but i'm looking forward to when the chilly days hit! Love that dress, such a staple transitional piece x

    Dana || Fashion Dew

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dress is beautiful. It is definitely something I would wear♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this grey knit dress, it's absolutely perfect for fall!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is stunning on you!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love gray...and for me a gray dress is a must have....the dress looks beautiful on you dear....

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks so pretty! Your hair is gorgeous :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a perfect transitional outfit! Love the dress and I wish we had Old Navy in the UK because your jewellery is so cute too :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  24. stunning photos! :)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute and fresh! Loving your hair dear x Mary

    http://marypolka.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute transitioning outfit! Can't wait to see more fall looks from you :)


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have yet to get a knit dress. This looks so lovely on you!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always find the transition between autumn and summer pretty difficult, but I think having staples like this in your wardrobe does help! You look so pretty :) x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am obsessed with this dress. It is so simple, yet fits so well! Effortlessly chic!
    xo
    Siffat
    icingandglitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this dress! Looks so comfy!
    -xo, Shell (http://acourageousbeauty.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so sunny in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You a very pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.