September 29, 2014

Unpopular Mondays: The Break Ups


It's not you, it's me… here are some makeup products I just couldn't love (and then one that changed my mind.)

Benefit Cosmetic's BADgal Waterproof Mascara: Last time I was in NYC I took a quick trip into sephora, to justify my obsession I decided to spend the money on something I could use for work… waterproof. Now the mascara itself isn't bad, the formula is above average and it lasts perfectly and goes on smooth. I just wasn't in love with how it made my eyes look. Nothing special, but good for the beach. As a mascara for anything else? I'll pass.

Maybelline's Baby Skin: I do admit as a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional it works but you'll get exactly what you expect from a knock off. I think from a budget stand point and if the porefessional is your go to object it's a bargain but I am not crazy over that either. I find it leaves my skin feeling oily, my hands oily, and I don't see that much of result pore erasing wise. I do think it makes for a great primer, but it's not something I would choose if given a real choice.

Garnier's Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: It covers amazingly well for BB cream, I'm talking like I feel just as covered as I do when wearing foundation…. full coverage. That's about the only nice thing about it… because while it covers great you look like you've been at a sauna sweeting profusely. The amount of setting powder reapplied is hard to keep track of and your face will feel as though it is a swimming pool, basically the whole day long. That is also with the combination to oily skin formula. I have heard major reviews stating make sure to get that specific formula, so I can't begin to imagine just how worse the original formula is.

Maybelline's Color Whispers: This is more an autumn thing because I usually loveeeee color whispers but with fall comes wanting to darken your palette and even the dark colors do not actually come out dark. Soo I'm sorry color whispers… it's not you… it's me.

------ Winner For Best Turn Over------ 

L'Oreal Color Lift Blush: I bought this needed a rose gold color that had enough shimmer to pop on my tan skin but provide a youthful girly glow as well. Now the color was on point, I just swatched it on my hand and commenced giggles from how pleasing the color is. Now why did I break up with this blush originally? It was a creme blush and it also was my first experience with a creme and I despised it… I couldn't figure out how to use the brush correctly to make it work for me and I felt like I wasn't ever getting product on me… just everywhere else. Thankfully Real Technique's Contour Brush changed the game. It helps get the product perfectly placed on my face and redeemed that beautiful color. 



Post a Comment

LookBrooke © . Design by FCD.